||A French vehicle manufacturer needed to integrate a tracking system into an existing automation system. The company aimed to achieve simple, economical interfacing with the installed programmable logic controller (PLC) network.
- 20% reduction in the overall cost of investment, installation and implementation
- Facilitated integration into the existing PLC network
- Ease of installation and maintenance through product availability
Main customer requirements
- Solution integration without modification of existing PLC programmes
- Adaptation of protocol and physical line between PLCs and the identification system
- Simplified programming and installation
- Improved production reliability
- Optimisation of installed equipment maintenance
The tracking system combines the highly open Twido compact programmable controller and Ositrack RFID system.